Friday, February 28, 2014

YOUR LIFE A-Z:FINISH

WHEN IT IS FINISHED IT LEAVES A SPOTLIGHT
ON YOUR EFFORT


FINISH

Nothing feels better than a finished project, a made bed, an empty sink, or a completed dream off of your bucket list.  Finishing things that we have been meaning to get to creates an open space within where the unfinished project has been taking up worrisome space or creating distracting background noise.  Thus, we get new energy each time we mark something off of out to do list.  I have said that unless we write our goals down and look at them often we will loose interest, become distracted, and often even forget what our goal was.  In order to be productive it is important to keep track of where you are by listing what it is that you want to do.  I have a daily to do list, weekly to do list, monthly to do list and soon to do list.  The soon to do list has things that I want to do or might even be things on my bucket list.  I move them from the soon list to another list by deciding when is it that I want to accomplish the “soon” item.  Listing keeps us organized and finishing keeps us motivated.  If you are procrastinating about something you need to ask yourself three simple questions: 
1. What is the personal benefit of not completing project A? 
2. What will I do after I complete project A?
3. What am I doing instead of completing project A?
There is a psychological benefit in keeping a task incomplete and once we understand the cause and effect of not doing something usually that will move us toward the finish line.  So look at that list, mark down a time to finish and execute the plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment